How To Apply Three Shades Of Eye Shadow?Sep 17
Three shades of eye shadow on the eyes can emphasize eye color and create an elegant or dramatic look. Eye shadow application techniques change with each seasonal fashion trend. When applying three shades of eye shadow, it is important to apply the lightest shade first and the darkest shade last. Three eye shadow shades are all a lady needs to have everyone looking her directly in the eye. Knowing how to apply three shades of eye shadow correctly can draw attention to your eyes and create a beautiful effect for day or night.
1. Select three eye shadow shades in the same color family. Make certain the colors look natural with your skin tone.
2. If you have round eyes and sockets, concentrate shadow on the outer edges but don’t go a cat eye. You want a crescent shape.
3. Apply liquid foundation to the eyelids using a small foundation sponge or your fingertip. The foundation should be suitable for your skin type and skin color.
4. After applying a thin layer of foundation, place the medium colored shadow into your crease. With your brush, blend back and forth.
5. Place the eye shadow brush gently into the palest shade of eye shadow. Move the brush gently to pick up only a small amount of color.
6. Cover both eyelids with the palest shade from the middle of the eyelid up to the brow line.
7. Rub the eye shadow brush gently through the medium shade of color and tap away any excess to prevent dust from settling on unwanted areas of your eyes or face. The medium shade should be applied over the eyelid.
8. Add the darkest shade to the eye shadow brush and apply to the outer corners of both eyes. This color can be extended out farther from the eye for a more dramatic look
9. Blend the three shades carefully from the inner corner of the eye out. Using a moist washcloth, clean away any eye shadow that has accumulated outside the eye area.