Dry and damaged skin can cause irritation and redness of the skin. Making your own dry-skin lotion provides substantial benefits to purchasing over-the-counter lotions. Homemade lotion can be more desirable due to the low production cost and the comfort of knowing what ingredients are used. Try these natural lotion recipes to help relieve dry skin:
1. Melt almond oil, coconut oil, lanolin and beeswax over low heat. Mix well and let cool. Mix rosewater, aloe Vera gel and rose oil. Add the contents of the vitamin E capsule. Whip this mixture into the beeswax mixture until well blended.
2. Before boiling warm milk then you steep chamomile in milk for a few hours. Strain off any liquid. Add honey and wheat germ to the mixture. Stir well. Place in a storage container. Refrigerate any unused portion. Keep up to a week in the refrigerator.
3. Equal quantities of petroleum jelly and glycerin and apply it on your dry skin of face and body and keep it overnight.
4. Combine beeswax with distilled water and melt over low heat. When it is blended, pour it into a blender and blend on low speed. While the blender is still running, add almond oil, rose water and the rest of the essential oils. The mix will look like frosting and will slowly thicken as it cools down.
5. Coconut oil is rich with vitamins and fats that soften the skin. Cocoa butter combined with coconut oil protects the skin from wind and cold. This moisturizer creates a protective layer on the skin surface.
6. Sesame oil is also a good way to protect from damaging sun rays as it can be used as a natural sun blocker. Olive oil moisturizes and smooths the skin.
7. Lavender oil and sandalwood oil are also good for dry skin for their soothing and cool effects. A few drops of these oils can be used in bathing water.
8. Mix glycerin, Castor oil and rose water with 1 tbsp of milk cream. Apply this mixture on the face, neck and on hands before going to bed. Wash it off with water in the morning. This keeps dry skin hydrated during the day.
9. Take 1 tsp each of egg yolk, rose water, lime juice, olive oil and orange juice and mix them thoroughly. Apply this smooth lotion to your face in the morning and wash it off after 20 minutes.
10. Melt the cocoa butter in the top of a double boiler. Remove from the burner and pour the melted cocoa butter into a jar. The vitamin E capsules with a sewing needle and squeeze the liquid into the cocoa butter. Stir in the remaining ingredients, except for the essential oils. Cool the mixture for 5 to 10 minutes in the refrigerator. Add the essential oils and stir well.
The skin of your feet also needs to be exfoliated to make way for new skin cells. A foot scrub is what our feet need so that the dead skin layer can be removed and the new one can emerge. Foot scrub is also a good way to treat the bothersome foot corn that appears on the hairless parts of the foot. Here, are some useful tips that you can make foot scrubs at home.
Lemon & Mint Foot Scrub:
De-seed and cut the flesh out of one lemon, then place in a blender. Add 2 tablespoons of raw sugar, a tablespoon of almond oil and a handful of fresh mint leaves for a fresh-smelling foot health scrub that will penetrate dry spots deeply and leave your feet beautifully clean and soft.
Simple Salt Foot Scrub:
Measure the salt into a dark glass or PET plastic jar. Drop in the essential oils placing each drop in its own spot on top of the salt. Cap the jar and shake vigorously to mix the essential oils into the salt. Let sit 24 hours to cure’ and save it in a cool dark; place.
Strawberry Foot Scrub:
In a bowl, roughly mash up a punnet of fresh strawberries, and then add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a teaspoon of sea salt crystals and mix to form a paste. Containing salicylic acid, which rids the skin of dead cells, fresh strawberries are perfect for your foot health routine.
Olive Foot Scrub:
Mix 1/3 of a cup of olive oil with a cup of Epsom salts to form a paste. Voila! The world’s easiest foot scrub! The Epsom salts in this foot treatment will scour hard skin and the olive oil will penetrate dry areas deeply for silky smooth feet.
Almond Foot Scrub:
Grind almonds in blender. Mix in mayonnaise. Scrub gently and thoroughly. Leave on skin for about 10 minutes. Rinse off.
Brown Sugar Foot Scrub:
Before you start preparing this scrub, grind the oatmeal using a coffee grinder or food processor. It has to be of sandy consistency, flaky and light otherwise it will scratch the skin. Mix all the ingredients like brown sugar, ground oats, aloe Vera gel, honey and freshly squeezed lemon juice in a large bowl. Mix until it resembles a paste. Use a circular motion and massage gently.
Black skin needs as much care as any other if it is to maintain it’s healthy and good looks. Sensitive skin is really a lay term, not a medical term. It has come to mean people who have allergic or irritant reactions to products mostly. The major of biological factor that separates black skin from white is the pigment called melanin. One good advantage of having large amounts of melanin in the skin is that the melanin protects black skin from the sun and from many of the ravages of sun-induced aging.
Apply a sunscreen every day with SPF at least 15, especially during the summer months. A sunscreen with SPF to help protects against getting dark spots.
Unfortunately, black skin is prone to acne eruption and the formation of blackheads and whiteheads. Cleanse your face to be daily as little as once a day if it’s dry, up to three times if your goal is to remove excess oil.
Apply moisturizer after you has cleansed your skin in the morning. Nowadays a wide range of skin care products is specifically designed for the needs of black skin.
Exfoliating is essential no matter what your skin type is. Exfoliating remove the dead skin cells that block your pores of your skin and make your skin soft.
Favor products for sensitive skin, especially if your skin is dry — products with harsh ingredients such as benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid can wreak havoc on certain skin types.
Apricot Scrub for Oily or Acne Prone Skin – remove dirt, oil and dead skin cells, contains salicylic acid to control blemishes.