How To Avoid Stained ArmpitsOct 08
You like to wear a sleeveless top but feel insecure because of the dark armpits. A dark underarm can be a source of extreme embarrassment, especially if it is accompanied by a bad odor and sweat. If you are suffering from dark underarms and are desperately looking for a remedy, here are some tips you can try out.
• If the shirt is white, you might be tempted to bleach the stain. Don’t do it! Bleach will actually darken the stains because it reacts with the proteins in sweat.
• Apply the lemon and honey mixture on the armpit and let it sit for 20-30 minutes. After that, rinse with warm water. It is best to do this after taking a bath. You can also apply alum powder on your armpits afterward.
• Coconut oil moisturizes the skin and helps produce more collagen “which will make” the skin look better and younger, thus, the dark pigmentation will be lessened.
• Baking soda is another natural element that can help whiten underarms. Simply rub baking soda on your underarms every time you take a bath. To be able to see the effects, you must do this regularly.
• Apply the lemon juice and turmeric powder mixture on the underarms and let it sit for at least 12 minutes before rinsing. Rubbing gently can be done. You can also use lemon halves to rub the underarms.
• Make a paste of sandalwood powder and rose water and apply the paste under your arms. Keep the paste on for about 20 minutes before rinsing it in warm water.
• Curd and Yogurt are rich sources of fatty acids and vitamins that help treat skin related ailments, in addition to preventing issues like, foul odor and discoloration.
• Before bath, apply a paste of turmeric, gram flour, lime juice and milk. This works well as gram flour helps in removing all the dead skin and cleans the follicles. Best for underarms skin care.
• Sandalwood powder is the best natural deodorizer also acts like natural bleach. Applying sandalwood powder with fresh milk cream or milk will help to get rid of stained armpits.
• Use a product that contains a lactic acid or an alpha hydroxy acid to exfoliate dead skin cells, which can build up and lead to underarm stains.
• Wax your underarms instead of shaving. Shaving leaves hair below the skin’s surface and sometimes leads to ingrown hairs. This can make it look as if you have dark armpits. Waxing gets the skin’s surface to remove hairs that may cause a stained appearance.