How To Get Rid Of Clogged PoresFeb 10
Clogged pores are usually a result of skin cells that shed too rapidly. Pores are necessary to the health of your skin. When dead skin cells block oil from flowing freely through the pores, pimples and blackheads can be the result. Getting rid of clogged pores is important to minimize their look and prevent acne.
1. Use a glycolic acid cleanser twice a day, every morning and every night before bed. Glycolic acid is a kind of naturally-occurring acid that serves as “a chemical exfoliate” to slow down the shedding of skin cells and stop them from clogging facial pores.
2. Use a cleanser, scrub and moisturizer containing salicylic acid. Salicylic acid is a common ingredient in most acne medications. It works by allowing skin cells to shed more readily and prevents them from getting stuck in pores.
3. Apply a bentonite clay mask to your whole face and allow it to dry completely. Bentonite is a volcanic ash that acts like a sponge, drawing impurities from your pores. Rinse the mask’ off with plenty of warm water.
4. Use a blackhead removal tool to squeeze blackheads gently from your skin. Tools can be as simple as a small metal loop or as complex as a suction machine.
5. Splash your skin with cold water to close the pores. Finish with a benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid toner for acne-prone skin. Using toner daily can help dry oil in the pores, keeping them from becoming clogged again.
6. Avoid using hot water and harsh soaps on your skin, moisturize daily with a non comedogenic lotion and wear sunscreen every time you are outside.